Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, February 5, 2012

little voice.

This past weekend was so wonderful! Burton came into town and we were nonstop for the whole entire weekend. On Friday we got to go to dinner with his parents then register our lives away at Pottery Barn and Bed, Bath,and Beyond. It was such a blast looking at all of the things that could potentially fill our home together. Saturday we had our first counseling session for marriage and got to travel to Hendersonville to visit Burton's Nana after that. Elliott, Karen, Loftom,Burton and myself had a blast traveling up there and getting to spend time with Nana and John after her knee surgery.



Lofton is so fun right now and such a tiny ball of energy. Me and Burton talked about this little guy for a long time while we were driving to dinner on Saturday night. Talking about how weird it is that in just a couple more months little Lofton will be a Big brother! And a while after that he will be in high school and then after that get married and have kids of his own. Burton was very weirded out by that fact and we both just couldn't believe we were now that aunt and uncle that ours used to be. Watching us go to school for the first time, sing every song off veggie tales. We both didn't know how time was going by so fast.

One of the things I told Burton that I love most about that little guy is his sweet little voice. It's just so small and full of life and innocence. Burton said that he hoped he had that same voice his whole life so he would still remain our little nephew. I told him I hoped he wouldn't because he would for sure be made fun of in high school, but I understood his point.

The more time I spend with Lofton and hear him "parrot" EVERYTHING you say with even the same inflections, I think about his innocence and faith. God calls us to have faith like a child, to rely on Him as a child does his parents, to "parrot" His plan for our lives and not think twice. I know so many times Our Father looks down and wishes we still had that small voice,that we would stop trying to do things for ourselves and follow our own plan, but rather rely and trust in the things he has in store for our lives.

Every time I hear that tiny boy's small voice, I am reminded of my fathers love for me and for Burton and for Lofton and for my whole family and new family, and I pray I stop trying to be a big girl and grow in my plans for myself, but rather have a little voice and listen to His plans for me, "parrot" his will for my life.

May we each remember our little voice and have faith and innocence just like Lofton.

1 comment:

  1. There are few things in life better than watching other people love your children. Thanks for loving our little guy. He loves his "Cake" very much.

    ReplyDelete