Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, January 13, 2014

Empty Shelf Challenge

This year, my dearest friend April asked me to do the Empty Shelf Challenge with her. The Empty Shelf Challenge calls you to clear a whole shelf in your house and fill it with books that you read this year. Trying to fill the shelf motivates you to read more than you already do. To find out more about it, you can follow this link.

So I have started. I have my shelf, but it isn't up on the wall yet....so I am just reading now to put on the shelf later. I have finished my first book.

I am a young adult/children's book snob/nerd and my first book was one geared more toward young readers. But what can I say, they are my kind of books.

Escape from "Mr. Lemoncello's Library" might just be one of my favorite books because it's all about being trapped in a library! What is better than that?! A new library opens in this town, and the creator is a brilliant, fun-loving, creative man. He sets up a game for 12 kids and well...I won't give the rest away. The author tied in so many different books within this one book with creative puns and quotes. Ah I just loved it!



So needless to say I am on to my next book for my empty shelf. "A Fault in our Stars" came highly recommended by my friend Kristen, and I had been wanting to get it for quite some time. I can't wait to start my next journey into another world and make even more new friends.



I hope this challenges you to pick up a book and empty a shelf in your house.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment