Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Recent Travels.

I recently finished two more books for my 2014 Empty Shelf Challenge. There is something about books that I love. They take me to so many different places without even leaving my own home. Now don't get me wrong, I love a good road trip or flight to somewhere new, but books have a way of taking me places that I might never get to go, like imaginary places and faraway places and to times of the past.

I think that is one thing that is magical about reading. There are no boundaries, no limitations. It's all up to your imagination and the words of the author.




I recently went on a trip to London with P.L. Travers's second Mary Poppins book "Mary Poppins Comes Back".  These books are so fun and light. I always find myself learning more lessons from Mary Poppins now then when I was a kid watching the movie. There are so many more adventures with the nanny in the books than the movie can hold. I can't wait to read the next one soon!



And my latest endeavor was to a mysterious Island off of the coast of Wales. Some say the island doesn't exist. I say it's filled with a small town, one beautiful house, and a dozen peculiar children seeking to restore their world and survive. "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" is a book illustrated with old photographs found at various flea markets and antique stores. The writer, Ransom Riggs, collected these photographs and wrote an amazing story with them. 

The story ends with the children leaving the island in search of more children just like them. They are also trying to save their own kind from these terrible creatures. "Hollow City" is the sequel and I can't wait to get my hands on it soon. I highly recommend this book for an interesting and exciting adventure. It might be a little scary at times, but who doesn't love that?!



Off on another travel soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment