Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

You Can Never Buy Too Many Books!

What a busy yet restful summer it has been so far! I have finished 9 books so far! I have been loving this time off of work to rest and rejuvenate at the beach and at home! I found this quote and I believe it describes me perfectly. Especially this summer!



I have been reading a lot this summer so I will give a quick recap of the books I have read and the ones I am looking forward to reading next!


Hollow City is the sequel to Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children. In this book you find out what happens next to these children in the wonderful country of Wales! This book leaves you wanting more of the story and good thing because there will be a third one out soon! I can't wait to find out what happens to these special children and to see all the new photographs in the next book!


I have talked a lot about the Mysterious Benedict Society books and this is the last one of the series. This book is different because it is actually a prequel! You find out more about the Professor Nicholas Benedict and how he became how he is today! Such a funny and easy read!


I am a huge fan of these books by Khaled Hosseini. Just like the others, this one did not disappoint. It's a harder read for those that are tenderhearted, but I highly recommend it. I enjoy learning more about the Afghan culture and this author does it in such a poetic and intriguing way. I am always hooked by his novels!


I enjoyed this book so much. Rainbow takes you on a journey through the life of two high school kids whose new found love for the same music and comics helps them form a very unique relationship. Through many lifestyle differences and economical strife, these two kids find out what it's like to depend and rely on one another. Rainbow Rowell uses humor and a little bit of bad language to make this a quick and easy read.



Okay. This book. SO. Funny! It is such a fast and fun read! I would read it again tomorrow if I didn't have a list of so many books I already want to read. Bernadette is such a crazy and scatterbrained genius and I loved following her story written through an email point of view. So interesting!


John Green has done it again with "Paper Towns". I was a big fan of "The Fault in our Stars" so I picked up this book he had written before. He takes you on a journey of a young boy and girl in high school who try and not get roped in to being just paper figures in a paper world where everyone is trying to achieve the same thing. Such an interesting mystery that keeps you on the edge of your seat or couch or beach chair!


So I'm a little late jumping on this band wagon of Gillian Flynn's "Gone Girl" but I am so glad I decided to join it. Man is it good. I don't want to give anything away but if you are looking for a suspenseful, scary, intriguing mystery-this book is definitely for you! I can't wait to see how they adapt this to the big screens. Make sure to read it before it hits the box office October 3rd!


And now last but not least my most recent adventure in the Maze Runner series! Man. These books are so good. It gives me that thrilling series crave that I have been missing since Divergent and Hunger Games. I am on the third book now "The Death Cure". There are three books in the series and then a fourth book that just came out that is a prequel to the series. Just like most young adult books they are also coming out with the "Maze Runner" movie very soon. We only have to wait until September 19th! I think this is a great book full of adventure and suspense. I am always wondering what is going to happen next! I can't wait to finish the third book and read the prequel to understand why all of this is happening! I encourage you to pick up the Maze Runner at your local bookstore or Target! Such a great book by James Dashner!

Here is a list I have accumulated from other friends on must reads. I'll let you know how they are as I finish!
1. The Painter by: Peter Heller
2. The Silver Star by:Jeanette Walls (also wrote Half Broke Horses and The Glass Castle)
3. The Pursuit of Mary Bennett by:Pamela Mingle
4. The Final Quest Series by:Rick Joyner
5. The Legend Series by:Marie Lu

Happy Reading on this rainy summer day!



No comments:

Post a Comment