Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sunday, October 28, 2012

it's been a while.

I didn't realize how busy we would be once school started. I am liking my new job at Harding Academy a lot and I am so blessed by the people I get to work with! Burton is having a great 2nd year so far-just very busy!

We are loving Memphis life together and I am so glad I am here with Burton instead of just visiting on weekends. We have a wonderful small first home in an area of Memphis that we love! Our wonderful friend Kristen just moved down the street from us and we are so close to Burton's school as well as our favorite restaurants in Midtown.

Burton's family came for a visit a couple weekends ago. It was wonderful having them here to see where we live! This was Cherry and Adler's first time to our new home. We had a blast going to the zoo, riding the trolley, eating delicious food, and just hanging out together as a family!






My mom also got to come for a couple days last week to visit with us. Now that she has stopped working at the office, she has more free time to come visit her babies in Memphis!




Kristen, Burton, and I also did the color run a few weeks ago! It was a blast and we had so much fun doing that with our Memphis community. What a fun way to run!










The change of moving from Nashville to Memphis has been very challenging and hard at some times. I never knew how much I would miss the familiar, but I have been very thankful for friends and family and even change lately. I don't know if it's the weather changing or the holidays coming up, but I am reminded of how grateful I am for people to love and support me. Change is hard, but when we embrace those changes and accept support and love from the people who love us the most, it's worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the update! Miss you
    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing that color run with you next year! SO fun--we can't wait to come back to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete