Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

celebrating three.

This weekend we got to travel back to Nashville for the first time in a whole month! Man does a month feel like eternity! I have missed that place more recently, and I think it's because I am a fan of the familiar. Nashville became my familiar place during my four years at college and the year I spent living and working there after graduating. I had my go to places to escape job, stress, and just relax. I have been struggling to find those places here in Memphis. I know that they will come in time, but right now I have to be content with the unfamiliar. Scary-I know!

But this past weekend Burton and I got to go to Nashville to celebrate the wonderful 3 years that our sweet nephew Lofton has been a part of our lives. I have to say-I don't think think there is a boy on this planet that loves trains as much as Lofton does. I love seeing his passion for building a track and getting to play on the finished product. Because he has such  a passion for trains, he is SO easy to buy for! We got him a new aqueduct bridge and two new trains, and Bob-oo and Nonni got him the roundhouse. Boy was that cool! Here are a few snapshots of our Saturday. I can't wait to get back and hug those two precious boys!



















We also got to see our friends at church on Sunday morning before heading to the Titans game. It was so good to be surrounded by our church family again, and be with the people that mean the most to us! I was especially glad to see three of my closest friends- Maegan, April, and Louisa. These girls mean so much to me and it brought me to tears just to get to hug there sweet necks and chat for not long enough.

I am filled with joy and thanksgiving as the holidays are approaching. This is one of my favorite times of the year. I love getting to spend time with family and really truly be thankful for the gifts God has blessed my life with.

We will be heading to Ohio for the first part of Thanksgiving and then ending the week in Nashville. While most of the time will be spent traveling, I wouldn't have it any other way! : )


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete